by Michelle Karén, M.A., D.F.Astrol.S.
Kindly note that the days and times given below are in PST (Pacific Standard Time). For Rocky Mountain Time, add 1 hour. For Central Time, add 2 hours. For Eastern Time, add 3 hours. For Alaskan Time, Subtract 1 hour. For Hawaii-Aleutian Time, subtract 2 hours. For Greenwich, add 8 hours….
Saturn is retrograde this whole month between 3° and 2° Virgo and will remain so until May 3rd. These two degrees are symbolized in the Sabian Symbols respectively by “Two guardian angels” and “A large white cross dominates the landscape”. This is an incredible time in our evolution towards enlightenment to realize how divinely protected we are and how the purity of our divine purpose lives within us and can literally transform our perception of everything that is happening around us. The more we structure our lives around the divinity within, the more our external reality will be transmuted as if by magic.
Pluto turns retrograde on April 2nd between 1°08’ and 0°57’ Capricorn and will remain so until September 8th when it will have reached 28° Sagittarius. These two degrees are described as “Three rose windows in a gothic church, one damaged by war” and “An Indian chief claims power from the assembled tribe”. These are powerful symbols related to spiritual strength. No matter what seems to have been taken away from us: a relationship, our health, our job, our house…. The destruction is only an illusion. What is ours can never be robbed. It’s the illusions that disappear, what only seemed to be real. Those of you experiencing health issues should know that this is the cleansing of old karma that no longer can be part of your body as it is evolving towards the light. Relationships that do not support our growth also have to go, as well as jobs that are demeaning or damaging to our balance. We are not our relationships, we are not our jobs, we are not our money. Even our imperfections are a reflection of our divinity and this is what we are being asked to remember during this important month.
* * * * * * * * *
The Moon will be Void of Course (V/O -forming no major aspect with any planet before entering the following sign-):
- on Wednesday 4/2 between 2:14 AM and 1:55 PM when the Moon enters Pisces.
- on Friday 4/4 between 2:43 PM and 5:27 PM when the Moon enters Aries
- on Sunday 4/6 between 8:02 AM and 6:20 PM when the Moon enters Taurus
- on Tuesday 4/8 between 8:13 AM and 6:27 PM when the Moon enters Gemini
- on Thursday 4/10 between 9:11 AM and 7:43 PM when the Moon enters Cancer
- on Saturday 4/12 between 11:32 AM and 11:29 PM when the Moon enters Leo
- between Monday 4/14 at 9:56 PM and Tuesday 4/15 at 6:07 AM when the Moon enters Virgo
- between Wednesday 4/16 at 10:59 PM and Thursday 4/17 at 3:10 PM when the Moon enters Libra
- between Saturday 4/19 at 1:55 PM and Sunday 4/20 at 2:00 AM when the Moon enters Scorpio
- on Tuesday 4/22 between 1:54 AM and 2:07 PM when the Moon enters Sagittarius
- between Thursday 4/24 at 2:38 PM and Friday 4/25 at 2:47 AM when the Moon enters Capricorn
- on Sunday 4/27 between 7:18 AM and 2:27 PM when the Moon enters Aquarius
- on Tuesday 4/29 between 10:25 PM and 11:11 PM when the Moon enters Pisces
Mark these periods in red in your calendar and avoid scheduling anything of importance during these times as they would amount to… no thing!
* * * * * * * * * * *
Scheduling our activities based on the zodiacal position of the Moon:
- Moon in Aquarius until Wednesday 4/2 at 1:54 PM + between Sunday 4/27 at 2:27 PM and Tuesday 4/29 at 11:10 PM: perfect for philanthropic activities, charitable organizations, meeting with friends, making new acquaintances. Good also for inventions, far out, progressive ideas, inter-dimensional and time travel, anything related to UFOs, computers and technology in general…
- Moon in Pisces between Wednesday 4/2 at 1:55 PM and Friday 4/4 at 5:26 PM + between Tuesday 4/29 at 11:11 PM and Friday 5/2 at 3:50 AM: Great for meditating, sitting by the ocean, anything related to the sacred, music, dancing, painting, photography, film, dreaming, channeling, swimming, sleeping and connecting to the mystical, the magic and oneness of all that is….
- Moon in Aries between Friday 4/4 at 5:27 PM and Sunday 4/6 at 6:19 PM: Great for intense physical activities, anything requiring forceful, direct action and self-assertion. Good also for leadership, spontaneity, good will, being a way shower and initiating new projects, buying a new car or bringing it to the mechanic…
- Moon in Taurus between Sunday 4/6 at 6:20 PM and Tuesday 4/8 at 6:26 PM: perfect for any financial matter: paying our bills/debts, asking for the money that is owed to us, investing in real estate, buying or selling. Perfect also for a stroll in the park, going to the countryside, connecting with our Mother the Earth… Good also for gardening, pottery, sculpting, as well as body work…
- Moon in Gemini between Tuesday 4/8 at 6:27 PM and Thursday 4/10 at 7:42 PM: Excellent for multi-tasking, curiosity, any form of communication, exchanging information, sending e-mails, calling friends and acquaintances. Great also for social activities, attending conferences, reading a book, watching a documentary, gathering data on related topics, connecting with new people…
- Moon in Cancer between Thursday 4/10 at 7:43 PM and Saturday 4/12 at 11:28 PM: Perfect for family activities, especially those involving children. Good for spending more time at home, cooking, nurturing ourselves and those we love, inviting the people we cherish over for dinner. Excellent also for drawing, creative writing, crazy humor and anything requiring imagination…
- Moon in Leo between Saturday 4/12 at 11:29 PM and Monday 4/14 at 9:55 PM: Excellent for anything glamorous, dramatic performances, being in the public’s eye, throwing or attending an elegant party, playing with children, romance and creativity in general…
- Moon in Virgo between Monday 4/14 at 9:56 PM and Thursday 4/17 at 3:09 PM: Excellent for starting a new fitness program, healthy nutrition, fasting, clearing our closets, cleaning our home, reorganizing our drawers… Perfect also for detailed work, the focused use of our intelligence, and taking care of small pets….
- Moon in Libra between Thursday 4/17 at 3:10 PM and Sunday 4/20 at 1:59 AM: Great for relationships, associations, diplomatic exchanges with others, anything related to beauty (a haircut, buying a new dress, a make-over…), art (especially painting and decorating), a pleasant social event…
- Moon in Scorpio between Sunday 4/20 at 2:00 AM and Tuesday 4/22 at 2:06 PM: Perfect for scientific research, esoteric studies, self-transformation, dealing with the mysteries of life, death, sexuality and exploring the other side of the veil, as well as insurances and issues involving personal power…
- Moon in Sagittarius between Tuesday 4/22 at 2:07 PM and Friday 4/25 at 2:46 AM: perfect for traveling, religious and/or philosophical activities or matters related to higher education and the law. Excellent for lecturing, learning, perfecting a foreign language, exploring other cultures… Perfect also for athletic training and tending to large animals (horses…)….
- Moon in Capricorn between Friday 4/25 at 2:47 AM and Sunday 4/27 at 2:26 PM: good for furthering our ambitions, asking for a promotion, enlisting the support of people in positions of authority, making a good impression, re-structuring our business and redefining our long-term goals…
* * * * * * * * * *
Our intentional meditation began on Friday Mach 21st with the Full Moon in Libra. On Saturday 4/5 , take out your Full Moon charged bla
nk sheets and on each one write a concise, positive intention (1 per sheet). Make sure they are are out by exactly 8:55 PM, near a window, in a garden, to collect the energy of the New Moon in Aries. Once the exact moment has passed, gather your sheets, staple them together and put them away expecting a miracle!
On Sunday 4/20 at 3:25 AM you will charge some new blank sheets or paper in the Full Moon in Scorpio. You can leave your blank sheets out on Saturday night before going to sleep and gather them Sunday morning upon waking up. Put them away until the next New Moon in Taurus which will occur on May 5th.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Wednesday 4/2: Pluto turns retrograde (2:23 AM until September 9th), Mercury enters Aries (10:45 AM until 4/17)
For Pluto retrograde kindly refer to the opening paragraph. In the next few weeks, we express ourselves spontaneously. What we see is what we get. There are no manipulations or hidden agendas. All our communications are straight-forward. As we are more honest in all our relationships, this is a great time to start new endeavors that bring our our leadership abilities, The more impulsive we are, the more what may have been stagnant is shaken up. Courageous action opens many new doors.
Thursday 4/3: Mercury Square Pluto (1:53 AM)
It is best to not sign anything today. Traveling is also ill-advised. Be careful when communicating with others as misunderstandings and power-games could occur, undermining your efforts. Secrets create stress, as well as lies or betrayals. Relationships with brothers, sisters and neighbors could be painful. Many ideas we took for granted could be shattered by this transit. This is a day best spent alone, investigating our own behavioral patterns and focusing on self-improvement.
Saturday 4/5: Venus enters Aries (10:35 PM until 4/30)
In the next three weeks, our feelings are more direct and expressed with more spontaneity. We could come across as more adventurous than usual and want simple, straight forward relationships. We are also likely to feel more joy and enthusiasm, want to have fun and try new things out. We could be drawn to younger, dynamic people who open us to exciting new horizons.
Sunday 4/6: Venus square Pluto (8:47 PM)
Not the best day for financial matters as some manipulations or dishonesty could take place. Relationships started today are likely to be predominantly based on sexual attraction. A good day to clear old emotional patterns. Artists could be deeply inspired by this transit and create daring, intense work.
Thursday 4/10: Sun square Jupiter (7:11 AM), Mercury square Mars (10:14 AM)
False optimism, misplaced generosity or grandiose ideas should be avoided. If we are careful to adopt practical philosophical ideas which enhance our daily lives, do not take any unnecessary risk and are grounded in our expenditures, we can experience the better side of this transit. We should also avoid being too direct in our speech and too aggressive in the way we express ourselves as too much honesty could lead to conflicts. Best to stay quiet today and focus on putting some order in our papers or on mild physical activity.
Sunday 4/13: Sun Sextile Neptune (0:31 AM), Mercury Square Jupiter (10:49 AM)
Our visions can draw a beautiful future for ourselves, inspiring us to great endeavors. Those who are artistically inclined will find this transit particularly beneficial. Our relationships with children are favored as we can better understand and enter their dreams. Our empathy as well as our intuition are greatly enhanced today. This is an excellent transit for channeling, healing, photography, film, dance and music. We should however beware of unrealistic concepts, inattentiveness, scattered energy and the confusion of dream and reality. Traveling or signing documents today is not advised.
Monday 4/14: Mercury sextile Neptune (3:10 PM)
If you have had an interest in studying the healing properties of colors, gemstones or herbs, this is the day to further this inclination. We are able to channel subtle energies that weren’t previously available to us and to tap into our extra-sensory perceptions. Our thinking is more intuitive than logical today. Any form of artistic endeavor is enhanced by this transit. Our dreams at night could be particularly significant, revealing important information about our lives.
Wednesday 4/16: Sun conjunct Mercury (0:24 AM)
This is the perfect day to write an important letter, make the phone call we’ve been putting off or start a new venture. Anything that we do for the first time is positive today and will lead to exciting new opportunities. Our communications are positive and constructive. A great day to gather with friends and talk about books or a trip.
Thursday 4/17: Mercury enters Taurus (2:07 PM until May 2nd)
In the next few weeks, our thoughts are deliberate. We may need to “ruminate” more and think things through before we express any opinion on any topic. Our pace is likely to be slower. We feel more grounded and are more practically oriented. Any financial matter is favored by this position. Monetary investments are sound and realistic.
Friday 4/18: Mercury Trine Pluto (2:21 AM), Mercury Trine Saturn (11:11 AM)
Our thinking is deep today. We could be drawn to metaphysical topics and structured studies. We are not attracted to light-weight conversations and may shy altogether from the social scene. Spending time alone in serious reflection is a better use of our time and energy. The insights we are likely to have on life, ourselves and our place in the universe lead to long-term changes that completely transform our awareness of ourselves.
Saturday 4/19: Sun enters Taurus (9:51 AM until May 20th)
During the next month, we may want to take things in strides. We wish to allow more time to smell the flowers and enjoy life at a leisurely pace. Spending time in nature is favored, as well as any sensual activity such as massages, gardening, cooking, eating, decorating or sculpting. A magnificent time for a make-over and to take care of our beauty and general appearance. As we are more grounded in practical realities, our finances are also likely to improve.
Sunday 4/20: Sun Trine Pluto (11:54 AM)
A great day for self-improvement. The ability to transform at deep levels leads to a complete regeneration and profound realizations. Metaphysical studies provide insights which either awaken or strengthen extra-sensory perceptions. This transit enhances our courage and assertiveness, enabling us to further our goals and complete projects requiring both focus and energy.
Monday 4/21: Sun Trine Saturn (6:05 AM)
A day when we feel very structured. Great for any endeavor requiring discipline, persistence, focus and hard work. Clearing our desk, putting order in administrative papers, a great spring cleaning or reorganizing our lives, are all good uses of this planetary energy. We may also feel more concerned about our children’s education and want to enroll them in a program which provides them with efficient tools to face the world.
Tuesday 4/22: Mars Trine Uranus (7:47 AM)
Great for starting a new exercise program. Any endeavor connected to engineering, energy or electricity is favored by this transit. Acquiring electronic gadgets or installing that new software are all favored. Healers could perform some miracles today. We could take on a whole new project requiring dynamic action and courage. Any self-improvement program freeing us from past conditioning leads to positive, dramatic results.
Wednesday 4/23: Venus Square Mars (11:07 AM), Venus Square Jupiter (6:36 PM)
Honesty and level-headedness will help you solve the disharmonies of an existing love relationship. Aggressive behavior will only serve to further destroy what was shaky. Tonight avoid indulgence of any kind. Excesses in food, drink or sex could be disastrous. A tendency to overspend should also be curbed. Best not to start a new relationship today as it would only be based on superficial criterias of attractions.
Thursday 4/24: Mars Opposition
Jupiter (6:23 AM)
Do your best to acknowledge and respect other people’s sensitivity. Excessive behavior or over-confidence should also be avoided. Legal issues could surface. Best to wait for a more peaceful day to settle disagreements regarding alimony, taxes or insurances. Traveling is not favored, neither is higher education.
Friday 4/25: Venus Sextile Neptune (9:34 AM)
A wonderful day for a magical date. Love permeates the air with a feeling of other-worldliness. We could meet someone today with whom we feel a deep soul-bond. We should beware however of not fooling ourselves into believing that all is perfect when we really haven’t confronted our dreams to reality. This transit is perfect for artists who are likely to channel some of their best work. Watching an inspiring movie, reading a novel, creative writing or photography are all great uses of this special transit.
Sunday 4/27: Mercury Sextile Uranus (7:36 PM)
We could feel impatient with people who are slower. A day where we wish to change much to our daily routine. Sudden flashes of inspiration bring unexpected answers to questions. Disruptions in our planning should be welcome as they lead to new, freeing opportunities. We could suddenly relinquish cherished ideas and embrace innovative concepts. A great day for inventors and people working in electronics. Nervous tension is high and we should be careful when operating a motor vehicle. We may be drawn to unusual forms of entertainment which stimulate our mind in strange ways. Any extra-terrestrial research is also favored today.
Monday 4/28: Mercury Trine Jupiter (6:42 AM)
Perfect for traveling, particularly if we are going overseas. Excellent for legal matters, higher education, advertisement and philanthropic endeavors. We feel positive. A great day to ask for a promotion as those in positions of authority respond to our enthusiasm, wanting to help us expand and grow. New friendships, constructive group activities centered around a common vision are all favored today. We express ourselves in ways that inspire others to action.
Tuesday 4/29: Mercury Square Neptune (6:10 AM), Mercury Sextile Mars (3:20 PM)
Subconscious patterns could emerge under this transit, distorting our communications. We could hear something that was never said or say something that is misinterpreted. Rational work could be negatively affected by confusion and drifting in our dreams. It is important to exercise caution when operating a motor vehicle. Relationships with brothers and sisters could be a little strange and somewhat hostile. The more we focus on being direct and honest, the more we can accomplish today.
Wednesday 4/30: Venus enters Taurus (6:34 AM until May 24th)
The following few weeks are excellent for any financial investment. Buying real estate is particularly good at this time. We could be drawn to gardening and spending more time in nature. Any form of healing either given or received is particularly beneficial. We could be attracted to beauty in all its forms. A make-over could definitely be in the picture ,as well as buying new clothes and getting a new hairstyle. Artistic endeavors are particularly soothing and enriching both on a personal and financial level. .. –> In Loving Light. Michelle Karén, M.A., D.F.Astrol.S.
You are welcome to forward this newsletter to your friends.
As always, if you wish to schedule a personal appointment, kindly e-mail me.
In Loving Light.
Michelle Karén, M.A., D.F.Astrol.S.
Master’s Degree in Philosophy, University of Geneva
Diploma from the Faculty of Astrological Studies in London
Author of 8 books on astrology, living food nutrition, yoga, spiritual novels
Guest of many top radio and television shows in 5 countries