Brought to you by www.soul-wings.com
2008, YEAR OF ABUNDANCE and JOY
by Michelle Karen
Kindly note that all the days and times given below are in PST (Pacific Standard Time). For Rocky Mountain Time, add 1 hour. For Central Time, add 2 hours. For Eastern Time, add 3 hours. For Alaskan Time, subtract 1 hour. For Hawaii-Aleutian Time, subtract 2 hours. For Greenwich, add 8 hours…
2008, YEAR OF ABUNDANCE and JOY
The year 2008 is, contrarily to public opinion, not just a “1” year, but a “10” year. So yes, a year of new beginnings after completing another 9 year cycle, but also a year of manifestation: “Imagine and it shall be. Ordain and it shall manifest!”. But for our bounty to reveal itself, we need to remain unselfish and display both compassion and wisdom. Only then will our creative concepts begin to materialize. In the Chinese zodiac, on Feb 9 with the New Moon in Aquarius, we are entering also a new cycle: the year of the Rat which always brings happiness and abundance. This prediction is further supported by the Mayan Calendar’s 5th Night which started on November 19, 2007 until November 13th 2008: the end of the illusion that we live in a world of scarcity. This is a year of magic where we can accumulate wealth and create much joy and peace. A great year for sound, long-term financial investments…
Pluto enters Capricorn (after 13 years in Sagittarius!) on January 25 at 7:44 PM and will remain in that new sign until Nov 19….2024! Because of Pluto’s slow revolution, when it changes signs, it is always a huge event portending great shifts in human consciousness. There will be important changes in governments -interesting that this year should also mark new presidential elections in the US, with a woman running for presidency-. Companies that are not based on the highest integrity will start going down. Only businesses that are based on spiritual principles will begin to thrive. The people will require the truth, and leaders who are less than honest are not going to be able to maintain their facades. Structures everywhere that are not real will crumble down, while those that are respectful of our divinity nestled in our humanity will bloom.
Saturn is still retrograde this whole month between 8º25′ and 7º01′ Virgo. These two degrees are described in the Sabian Symbols as “an expressionist painter at work” and “a five-year child takes a first dancing lesson”. We are being asked to reevaluate all the structures in our lives, throw out what no longer is needed and simplify our reality so that we may express our childlikeness, bloom in our creativity and enjoy our lives to the fullest in a new, personalized way that is both light and full of happiness.
Mars which was retrograde since November 15 2007, will turn direct again on January 30th at 2:33 PM at 24º05′ Gemini. This degree is symbolized by “a gardener trimming large palm trees”. We’ve had in the past couple of months to reevaluate our desires, our motivations and our actions. As we have become clearer on who we are, we have also let go of much that no longer served us nor belonged to our highest truth. And so that we may continue to grow and evolve, we also have had to trim much along the way to focus on what is really important.
Mercury turns retrograde on Monday January 28 at 12:31 PM at 23º48′ Aquarius and will remain so until Feb 19 at 8º19′ Aquarius. This retrogradation is particularly fascinating. It starts with the degree symbolized by “a man, having overcome his passions, teaches deep wisdom in terms of his experience”. We are definitely going to be thinking out of the box, remembering strange things, opening up to past experiences -in this lifetime or others- with extraterrestrial energies and revealing our uniqueness through unusual events that will make us feel that we are treading into the unknown.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- The Moon will be Void of Course (V/C0 -forming no major aspect with any planet before entering the following sign- on:
- Tuesday 1/1 between 4:33 PM and 5:32 PM when the Moon enters Scorpio
- between Thursday 1/3 at 4:30 PM and Friday 1/4 at 6:13 AM when the Moon enters Sagittarius
- Sunday 1/6 between 4:27 PM and 5:43 PM when the Moon enters Capricorn
- between Tuesday 1/8 at 3:37 AM and Wednesday 1/9 at 3:13 AM when the Moon enters Aquarius
- Friday 1/11 between 9:52 AM and 10:44 AM when the Moon enters Pisces
- Sunday 1/13 between 3:41 PM and 4:23 PM when the Moon enters Aries
- Tuesday 1/15 between 7:39 PM and 8:13 PM when the Moon enters Taurus
- Thursday 1/17 between 6:05 PM and 10:30 PM when the Moon enters Gemini
- between Saturday 1/19 at 11:46 PM and Sunday 1/20 at 0:05 AM when the Moon enters Cancer
- between Monday 1/21 at 2:56 AM and Tuesday 1/22 at 2:20 AM when the Moon enters Leo
- Thursday 1/24 between 6:43 AM and 6:48 AM when the Moon enters Virgo
- Saturday 1/26 between 3:32 AM and 2:35 PM when the Moon enters Libra
- Between Monday 1/28 at 1:47 PM and Tuesday 1/29 at 1:35 AM when the Moon enters Scorpio
- Thursday 1/31 between 0:34 AM and 2:08 PM when the Moon enters Sagittarius. Mark these periods in red in your calendars and avoid scheduling anything of importance during these times as it would amount to… NO thing!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- Scheduling our activities based on the zodiacal position of the Moon:
- Moon in Scorpio between Monday 1/1 at 5:32 PM and Friday 1/4 at 6:12 AM + between Tuesday 1/29 at 1:35 AM and Thursday 1/31 at 2:07 PM : Perfect for scientific research, esoteric studies, self-transformation, dealing with the mysteries of life, death, sexuality and exploring the other side of the veil, as well as insurances and issues involving personal power…
- Moon in Sagittarius between Friday 1/4 at 6:13 AM Sunday 1/6 at 5:42 PM : Perfect for traveling, religious and/or philosophical activities or matters related to higher education and the law. Excellent for lecturing, learning, perfecting foreign languages, exploring other cultures… Perfect also for athletic training and tending to large animals (horses…)
- Moon in Capricorn between Sunday 1/6 at 5:43 PM and Wednesday 1/9 at 3:12 AM : Good for furthering our ambitions, asking for a promotion, enlisting the support of people in positions of authority, making a good impression, re-structuring our business and redefining our long-term goals…
- Moon in Aquarius between Wednesday 1/9 at 3:13 AM and Friday 1/11 at 10:43 AM : Perfect for philanthropic activities, charitable organizations, meeting with friends, making new acquaintances. Good also for inventions, far out, progressive ideas, inter-dimensional and time travel, anything related to UFOs, computers and technology in general…
- Moon in Pisces between Friday 1/11 at 10:44 AM and Sunday 1/13 at 4:22 PM : Great for meditating, sitting by the ocean, anything related to the sacred, music, dancing, painting, photography, film, dreaming, channeling, swimming, sleeping and connecting to the mystical, the magic and oneness of all that is…
- Moon in Aries between Sunday 1/13 at 4:23 PM and Tuesday 1/15 at 8:12 PM : Great for intense physical activities, anything requiring forceful, direct action and self-assertion. Good also for leadership, spontaneity, good will, being a way shower and initiating new projects or bringing our car to the mechanic…
- Moon in Taurus between Tuesday 1/15 at 8:13 PM and Thursday 1/17 at 10:29 PM : Perfect for any financial matter: pa
ying our bills/debts, asking for the money that is owed to us, investing in real estate, buying and selling. Perfect also for a stroll in the park, going to the countryside, connecting with our Mother the Earth…. Good also for gardening, pottery, sculpting, as well as body work…
- Moon in Gemini between Thursday 1/17 at 10:30 PM and Sunday 1/20 at 0:04 AM : Excellent for multi-tasking, curiosity, any form of communication, exchanging information, sending e-mails, calling friends and acquaintances. Great also for social activities, attending conferences, reading a book, watching a documentary, gathering data on related topics, connecting with new people…
- Moon in Cancer between Sunday 1/20 at 0:05 AM and Tuesday 1/22 at 2:19 AM : Perfect for family activities, especially those involving children. Good for spending more time at home, cooking, nurturing ourselves and those we love, inviting the people we cherish over for dinner. Excellent also for drawing, creative writing, crazy humor and anything requiring imagination…
- Moon in Leo between Tuesday 1/22 at 2:20 AM and Thursday 1/24 at 6:47 AM : Excellent for anything glamorous, dramatic performances, being in the public’s eye, throwing or attending an elegant party, playing with children, romance and creativity in general…
- Moon in Virgo between Thursday 1/24 at 6:48 AM and Saturday 1/26 at 2:34 PM : Excellent for starting a new fitness program, healthy nutrition, fasting, clearing our closets, cleaning our home, reorganizing our drawers… Perfect also for detailed work, the focused use of our intelligence, and taking care of small pets…
- Moon in Libra between Saturday 1/26 at 2:35 PM and Tuesday 1/29 at 1:34 AM : Great for relationships, associations, diplomatic exchanges with others, anything related to beauty (a haircut, buying a new dress, a make-over…), art (especially painting and decorating), a pleasant social event…
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Our intentional meditation started on December 23rd with the Full Moon in Cancer. On Tuesday 1/8, take out your Full Moon charged sheets of paper and on each write a clear, concise and positive intention. Palce your intentions out (on a balcony, garden or near a window) so that they can bask in the energy of the New Moon in Capricorn at exactly 3:37 AM. After that exact moment has passed, gather your papers, staple them together, write the date and put them away in the positive expectancy of a … MIRACLE!
On Tuesday 1/22, place some new, blank sheets or paper out to be charged by the Full Moon in Leo at exactly 5:35 AM (you can leave them out when you go to sleep the day before and pick them up in the morning when you wake up). After that exact moment has passed, gather your papers and put them away in a folder, until the next New Moon (Solar Eclipse) in Aquarius which will occur on February 7th.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Wednesday 1/2: Mars Opposition Pluto (1:28 PM)
We should beware today of aggressive or domineering attitudes both in ourselves and in others, and be extra careful when operating motor vehicles or dealing with sharp weapons. We should also do our best to stay clear of any radioactive energy field and avoid situations likely to lead to conflicts, particularly over joint resources.
Sunday 1/6: Sun Sextile Uranus (4:19 AM), Venus Square Saturn (5;39 AM)
A wonderful day for new, creative ventures. Our capacity to think out of the box and project ourselves into the future bring out our leadership abilities. We should be meeting exciting people who walk to the sound of their own drummer and open us to unusual horizons, thus freeing us from outmoded ways of being. A day however that could bring to the surface feelings of loneliness or insecurities related to intimacy. The memory of past emotional wounds could affect our present capacity to create truly loving relationships. This is our chance to recognize and clear ancient pain, as well as remember that the future needs not be a repetition of the past.
Monday 1/7: Mercury enters Aquarius (8:46 PM) until March 15
During those 3 months, our thinking is going to be proactive and futuristic, as well as humanity-oriented. We could be attracted to science-fiction, take a deeper interest in UFOs and scientific research. Even if we normally are not technologically inclined, we could find ourselves exploring new gadgets and learning more about the capacities of our computers. Our social encounters are likely to be unusual, exciting and freeing with people we never have been attracted to before who will open whole new doors to us, thus expanding our consciousness in ways we didn’t know were even possible.
Saturday 1/12: Venus Square Uranus (9:22 AM)
We should be careful today to make no rash decision. We could react impulsively to our loved ones in ways that estrange us from them, to later regret our words. There is a need almost to separate from others in order to create the excitement of being able to come back again in fresh, new ways. We could feel the conflicting desires of wanting to experience both intimacy and freedom. A new relationship started today is likely to end as quickly as it begun, with many fireworks but not much long-term substance.
Wednesday 1/16: Venus Sextile Neptune (11:36 AM)
THE day for a magical romantic date. There is something intangible in the air, a particular otherworldliness, a feeling of being soul connected. Contrarily to most of Neptune’s transits to Venus, this feeling may indeed be true and not just a fleeting illusion. Artists will feel particularly inspired today and literally channel their creations. We are attracted to beauty and our financial intuitions will create the money we need for what we need it for, seemingly out of thin air.
Saturday 1/19: Venus Opposition Mars (7:10 PM)
A day where we could keenly feel resistances from others, especially of the opposite sex. A time to reevaluate our relationship concepts and walk half way towards those we may not understand so well, making the effort of seeing life through their eyes also. A wonderful day to find the balance between our inner feminine and masculine sides.
Sunday 1/20: the Sun enters Aquarius (8:44 AM) until Feb 20th
A month when we could become much more individualistic in the ways we express ourselves, thinking out of the box and exploring unusual concepts. The people we shall be meeting could also be special and unique, introducing us to horizons we didn’t know existed. Four exciting weeks to explore the unknown and break free from what in our lives may have held us back.
Monday 1/21: Jupiter Trine Saturn (1:15 AM)
A wonderful day to assume more responsibilities, create something solid for our future, get enrolled in a long-term educational program, travel for business and get involved in some humanitarian endeavor. We should be beyond ethical today while wanting to integrate our spiritual and philosophical concepts in our daily life.
Tuesday 1/22: Mercury Conjunct Neptune (5:16 PM)
An excellent day for channeling, psychic work, meditation and spiritual healing. Artists will also feel particularly inspired today: writing flows, music gets composed effortlessly and painting seems to emerge out of other realms. Our sensitivity to other dimensions is so keen today, that beyond what is being said, we have the ability of tapping into what is not being expressed. Confusion could occur in communication only if we are not spiritually sensitive, but if we remain open to the unseen, incredible insights could enable us to retrieve valuable information from behind the veil.
Wednesday 1/23: Venus Conjunct Pluto (10:57 PM)
THE day for a hot date. There is a strong desire for passion and fusion. Any romantic attraction that occurs today will be magnetic and powerful with a sense of knowingness even if in this lifetime it is the first time we meet this person. A feeling of destiny could accompany that encounter and touch something within us that no one has ever touch
ed. Money matters are greatly enhanced by this transit.
Thursday 1/24: Venus enters Capricorn (0:06 AM) until Feb 18
In the next month, good relationships will deepen, whereas shaky ones may dissolve altogether. A time to become very real in our emotional commitments and either change what is under our control or see if we can live with what isn’t. We may confront certain situations and have to face up to a truth that could make us feel lonely, making us realize that we need to find the warmth and love we need within. If we are wise and patient, this could be a wonderful period of reaping the rewards of our whole relationship journey.
Friday 1/25: Pluto enters Capricorn (7:44 PM)
Kindly refer to the opening paragraph.
Monday 1/28: Mercury turns retrograde (12:31 PM)
Kindly refer to the opening paragraph.
Tuesday 1/29: Venus Trine Saturn (6:19 PM)
THE day to commit to a relationship, get married or engaged. There is a sense of solidity and reality about our emotions today, a wish to build and create long-term commitments that create solid foundations enabling our lives to bloom. Excellent for financial commitments that are very sound and grounded.
Wednesday 1/30: Mars turns direct (2:33 PM)
Kindly refer to the opening paragraph.
As always, if you wish to schedule a personal appointment, kindly e-mail me.
In Loving Light.
Michelle Karén, M.A., D.F.Astrol.S.
Master’s Degree in Philosophy, University of Geneva
Diploma from the Faculty of Astrological Studies in London
Author of 8 books on astrology, living food nutrition, yoga, spiritual novels
Guest of many top radio and television shows in 5 countries
Brought to you by www.soul-wings.com
Abundant Blessings of Light, Love and Joy!