by Michelle Karén, M.A., D.F.Astrol.S.
Kindly note that all the days and times given below are in PST (Pacific Standard Time). For Rocky Mountain Time, add 1 hour. For Central Time, add 2 hours. For Eastern Time, add 3 hours. For Alaskan Time, subtract 1 hour. For Hawaii-Aleutian Time, subtract 2 hours. For Greenwich, add 8 hours.
Mars remains retrograde this whole month between 10º42′ and 0º14 Cancer. Our actions and desires will be directed by our emotions. There is more compassion towards others and an increased sensitivity to the consequences of the way we assert ourselves. An greater need to be with the people we cherish and to connect with our soul family accompanies this position.
Saturn turns retrograde on December 19 at 6:11 AM at 8º34′ Virgo and will remain so until May 3rd 2008 when it will have reached 1º40′ Virgo. The degree it is in the whole month of December is symbolized in the Sabian Symbols by -an expressionist painter at work”. We are asked to be creative in ways that heal both our hearts and the earth. It is a wonderful time to reassess our obligations, duties and responsibilities and to discriminate between what is important and what we may have outgrown. We could also have to take a very honest look at our health, nutrition and job and eliminate any habit in those areas impeding our return to divine perfection.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- The Moon will be Void of Course (V/C) -forming no major aspect with any planet before entering the following sign- on:
- Sunday 12/2 between 6:12 PM and 10:01 PM when the Moon enters Libra
- Wednesday 12/5 between 6:48 AM and 10:31 AM when the Moon enters Scorpio
- Friday 12/7 between 2:17 AM and 11:11 PM when the Moon enters Sagittarius
- Monday 12/10 between 7:36 AM and 10:51 AM when the Moon enters Capricorn
- Tuesday 12/11 at 3:57 PM until Wednesday 12/12 at 9:01 PM when the Moon enters Aquarius
- Saturday 12/15 between 3:51 AM and 5:15 AM when the Moon enters Pisces
- Monday 12/17 between 10:27 AM and 10:52 AM when the Moon enters Aries
- Wednesday 12/19 between 11:33 AM and 1:38 PM when the Moon enters Taurus
- Thursday 12/20 at 10:07 PM until Friday 12/21 at 2;14 PM when the Moon enters Gemini
- Sunday 12/23 between 12:25 PM and 2:18 PM when the Moon enters Cancer
- Tuesday 12/25 between 5:17 AM and 3:52 PM when the Moon enters Leo
- Thursday 12/27 between 6:54 PM and 8:44 PM when the Moon enters Virgo
- Sunday 12/30 between 5:09 AM and 5:37 AM when the Moon enters Libra
Mark these periods in red in your calendars and avoid scheduling anything of importance during those times, since it would amount to…. no thing!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Scheduling our activities based on the zodiacal position of the Moon:
- Moon in Virgo until Sunday 12/2 at 10:00 PM + between Thursday 12/27 at 8:44 PM and Sunday 12/30 at 5:36 AM: excellent for starting a new fitness program, healthy nutrition, fasting, clearing our closets, cleaning our home, reorganizing our drawers… Perfect also for detailed work, the focused use of our intelligence and taking care of small pets…
- Moon in Libra between Sunday 12/2 at 10:01 PM and Wednesday 12/5 at 10:30 AM + between Sunday 12/30 at 5:37 AM and Tuesday January 1st at 5:31 PM: great for relationships, associations, diplomatic exchanges with others, anything related to beauty (a haircut, buying a new dress, a make-over…), art (especially painting and decorating), a pleasant social event…
- Moon in Scorpio between Wednesday 12/5 at 10:31 AM and Friday 12/7 at 11:10 PM: perfect for scientific research, esoteric studies, self-transformation, dealing with the mysteries of life, death, sexuality and exploring the other side of the veil, as well as insurances and issues involving personal power…
- Moon in Sagittarius between Friday 12/7 at 11:11 PM and Monday 12/10 at 10:50 AM: perfect for traveling, religious and/or philosophical activities or matters related to higher education and the law. Excellent for lecturing, learning, perfecting foreign languages, exploring other cultures…. Perfect also for athletic training and tending to big animals (horses….)….
- Moon in Capricorn between Monday 12/10 at 10:51 AM and Wednesday 12/12 at 9:00 PM: good for furthering our ambitions, asking for a promotion, enlisting the support of people in positions of authority, making a good impression, re-structuring our business and redefining our long-term goals…
- Moon in Aquarius between Wednesday 12/12 at 9:01 PM and Saturday 12/15 at 5:14 AM: perfect for philanthropic activities, charitable organizations, meeting with friends, making new acquaintances. Good also for inventions, far out, progressive ideas, inter-dimensional and time travel, anything related to UFOs, computers and technology in general…
- Moon in Pisces between Saturday 12/15 at 5:15 AM and Monday 12/17 at 10:51 AM: great for meditating, sitting by the ocean, anything related to the sacred, music, dancing, painting, photography, film, dreaming, channeling, swimming, sleeping and connecting to the mystical, the magical and the oneness of all that is…
- Moon in Aries between Monday 12/17 at 10:52 AM and Wednesday 12/19 at 1:37 PM: great for intense physical activities, anything requiring forceful, direct action and self-assertion and repairing our car. Good also for leadership, spontaneity, good will, being a way shower and initiating new projects…
- Moon in Taurus between Wednesday 12/19 at 1:38 PM and Friday 12/21 at 2:13 PM: perfect for any financial matter: paying our bills/debts, asking for the money that is owed to us, investing in real estate, buying and selling. Perfect also for a stroll in the park, going to the countryside, connecting with our Mother the Earth. Good also for gardening and pottery, sculpting as well as body work…
- Moon in Gemini between Friday 12/21 at 2:14 PM and Sunday 12/23 at 2:17 PM: excellent for multi-tasking, curiosity, any form of communication, exchanging information, sending e-mails, calling friends and acquaintances. Great also for social activities, attending a conference, reading a book, watching a documentary, gathering data on related topics, connecting with new people…
- Moon in Cancer between Sunday 12/23 at 2:18 PM and Tuesday 12/25 at 3:51 PM: perfect for family activities, especially those involving children. Good for spending more time at home, cooking, nurturing ourselves and those we love, inviting the people we cherish over for dinner. Excellent also for drawing, creative writing, crazy humor and anything requiring imagination….
- Moon in Leo between Tuesday 12/25 at 3:52 PM and Thursday 12/27 at 8:43 PM: excellent for anything requiring glamour, dramatic performances, being in the public’s eye, throwing or attending an elegant party, playing with children, romance and creativity in general…
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Our intentional meditation started on Saturday 11/24 at 6;30 AM with the New Moon in Gemini. Take out your Full Moon charged sheets of paper and on each write a clear, concise and pos
itive intention. Place your intentions out (on a balcony, garden or near a window) so that they can bask in the energy of the New Moon in Sagittarius on Sunday 12/9 at exactly 9:40 AM. Once that exact moment has passed, gather your papers, staple them together, write the date and put them away, in the positive expectancy of a miracle!
On Sunday 12/23 at exactly 5:16 PM, place some new, blank sheets of paper out to be charged by the Full Moon in Cancer. After that exact moment has passed, gather your sheets and put them away until the next New Moon in Capricorn which will occur on 01/08/08 at exactly 3:37 AM.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Saturday 12/1: Mercury enters Sagittarius (4:21 AM until Dec 20th at 6:43 AM)
The next three weeks are going to be marked by great honesty, integrity and the need to be direct and frank. We could be drawn to the law, long-distance traveling, learning other languages and exploring new religions, cultures and philosophies. We should feel more enthusiastic and optimistic than usual. Social relationships are enhanced and we could meet positive people who open us to new horizons. Furthering our education and reading books that broaden our consciousness will be of much appeal, as are writing, publishing and lecturing.
Sunday 12/2: Venus Sextile Jupiter (0:14 AM)
Great for parties, festivals, dance, art and fund-raising activities. We could experience more financial prosperity. Artists will feel more inspired than usual and an exciting romance could come our way. There is much optimism and happiness in the air. With this wonderful transit, our faith in life should be renewed.
Monday 12/3: Venus Sextile Pluto (2:34 PM)
A day of emotional clearing where only those relationships which are still enriching our lives will remain. This transit enhances our social life and creates the possibility of a passionate romantic encounter that feels destined and is profoundly transformative. Financial matters are likely to greatly improve and business associations formed today open new exciting doors.
Wednesday 12/5: Venus enters Scorpio (5:29 AM until Dec 30th at 10:02 AM)
Until the end of this year, our emotional involvements are intense and our commitments are loyal. There is a need for depth as well as inner transformation in our personal relationships. Our esthetic values are also likely to change. We could be attracted to deeper, richer colors, adopt a more alluring, mysterious style, and generally want more passion in our lives. The money we attract during this period anchors more deeply the sense of our own power.
Thursday 12/6: Mercury Square Saturn (1:16 PM)
Circumstances at work could be difficult. It is important to not take on more responsibilities than we can handle and to not allow stress to lead us to a point of exhaustion. Break-downs in communication are likely. The best way to deal with this transit is to structure our work, organize our administrative papers, delegate as much as we can, and rewrite our long and short term goals.
Friday 12/7: Sun Square Uranus (0:33 AM)
Unexpected circumstances could disrupt our plans and completely alter our life direction. Beware of not impulsively throwing through the window hard earned rewards. This transit can precipitate break ups in personal relationships that were already shaky ground. Of this we may not even have been aware of until it’s too late. Our job could also be at stake and we should be extra cautious to not act too impulsively. Whatever happens today, even if at first it doesn’t seem like a very pleasant experience, we shall later be grateful for the new freedom it granted us.
Saturday 12/8: Mars Sextile Saturn (8:01 PM)
The perfect day to pay a visit to our dentist. This transit is also excellent for activities requiring much physical energy, as well as for work in construction, on automobiles or in engineering. This aspect places us in a more structured frame of mind which helps further our career goals. We are also more concerned with long-term accomplishments or practical value.
Monday 12/10: Mercury Square Uranus (4:24 PM)
A good day neither for signing legal documents nor for traveling. We should beware of jumping to conclusions without having sufficient data. Our nervous energy could be scattered today, and if we insist on holding on to fixed beliefs without enough consideration for others, could lead to sudden and unexpected break-ups. A day where we want to assert our uniqueness and could become involved in studying an unusual topic.
Tuesday 12/11: Jupiter Conjunct Pluto (11:26 AM), Venus Trine Mars (3:16 PM), Sun Sextile Neptune (7:49 PM)
An excellent day for corporate finances, insurances or investments in general. Great also for improving ourselves and experiencing a spiritual regeneration, in tune with humanity’s general evolution. A new philosophy or spiritual way of life could exert much power over us today. A trip could change our lives forever. A great day also for love relationships. There is an increased balance between the masculine and the feminine. We are also likely to be able to go beyond appearances and download very sensitive and beautiful information from beyond the physical realm. A very special day indeed that will shift us to a whole new dimension.
Wednesday 12/12: Venus Sextile Saturn (11:33 AM)
The perfect day to bring up commitment. There is more seriousness and depth in our love relationships. A desire to build a more permanent connection is present. We are very realistic with regard to our and our loved ones’ needs, strengths and short-comings.
Thursday 12/13: Mercury Sextile Neptune (7:03 PM)
Our thinking is highly intuitive and inspired today. A wonderful day for artistic creation and anything related to meditation, dance, photography or the visual arts. We express ourselves with more sensitivity, serenity and in deeper attunement with others. We could feel a little more dreamy than usual and enjoy soothing music and/or find the ocean particularly appealing.
Monday 12/17: Sun conjunct Mercury (7:27 AM), Venus Trine Uranus (10:42 PM)
Communication is direct and efficient today. Great for those phone calls or letters we’ve been procrastinating about. Excellent also to put some order on our desk and redefining our plans. Our friendships should be particularly rewarding today and move along easily and flowingly. Tonight is perfect for a very exciting date or meeting someone new who is unusual and free, mirroring back our own individuality to ourselves.
Tuesday 12/18: Jupiter enters Capricorn (12:12 PM until January 6, 2009)
In this next month, we shall be concerned with security, legal protection, financial stability, and the expansion of our career goals. We could also become more structured in our faith, traveling is usually for business and we could be interested in studying law or at least understanding better how to use it to our advantage.
Wednesday 12/19: Saturn turns retrograde (6:11 AM), Mercury Conjunct Pluto (10:48 AM)
Kindly refer to the opening paragraph. Today, particularly, we are not satisfied with superficial answers to our questions. Scientific and occult studies will feel very appealing to us and we shall gain insights into life, death and transformation that could startle us out of long-held beliefs. As we tap into more personal, ancient wisdom, our X-ray vision will enable to go way beyond what we are reading or being taught.
Thursday 12/20: Mercury enters Capricorn (6:43 AM until January 7, 2008 at 8:46 PM)
The way we shall communicate will be more reserved. This is an excellent few months to study a topic that requires of us to return to school and is difficult to integrate, requiring much attention to details. The good news is that we won’t be afraid of hard, disciplined work because we know that it is leading to very practical knowledge. Our exchanges with others are more serious and we shall tend to shy away from people who are too superficial.
Friday 12/21: The Su
n enters Capricorn (10:08 PM, Winter Solstice, until January 20, 2008 at 8:44 AM)
In the next month life will take on a more serious tone. We are likely to be more structured and maybe somewhat reserved. There is a need for discipline and patience which will help us uncover much inner ancient wisdom.
Saturday 12/22: Venus Square Neptune (2:23 AM), Mercury Opposition Mars (10:29 AM), Sun Conjunct Jupiter (9:56 PM)
We should beware of romantic confusion or unrequited entanglements. We could live in a fantasy very different from reality and feel very betrayed when the truth reveals itself. Our speech is not likely to be measured and we could impulsively leash out on someone only to later regret our words. Conflicts could arise due to a lack of consideration for other people’s feelings and beliefs. This evening however, things will settle in a much happier place. We shall focus on the silver lining of the clouds and regain our sense of perspective as well as our faith and enthusiasm.
Monday 12/24: Sun Opposition Mars (11:47 AM)
Rash and inconsiderate behavior could be the norm rather than the exception today and cause much damage if we are not careful. Conflicts are also likely to arise, due to our insistence on doing things our way. Not a good day for business decisions, nor romance. We could act in ways that we later regret. Dangerous situations should be avoided altogether. A great day to test our patience and capacity for self-control.
Tuesday 12/25: Mercury Trine Saturn (3:10 PM)
A day of serious and structured thinking. Perfect for doing our administration and completing projects that have been left on a shelf. We should be particularly efficient today and grounded in our relationships with others, with a no nonsense attitude that inspires respect.
Wednesday 12/26: Mars Opposition Jupiter (11:53 AM)
Best not to discuss religious choices or politics today. Conflicts could arise leading to estrangement. We should be careful to only promise what we know for sure we can deliver. Dangerous sports should be avoided today as a daredevil attitude could make us vulnerable to unnecessary risk.
Saturday 12/29: Mercury Sextile Uranus (8:11 PM)
The more unusual the ideas we are exposed to, the better. We could be attracted to UFO material, science fiction, daring beliefs and anything that breaks the status quo. We shall not be beyond making waves today and maybe even shocking. A positive rebelliousness in the ways we express ourselves permeates the atmosphere. We could also meet new, exciting people we normally wouldn’t encounter. A mentally exciting and stimulating day.
Sunday 12/30: Venus enters Sagittarius (10:02 AM until January 25, 2008 at 7:44 PM)
In the next month, we shall be more exuberant in the expression of our emotions. We could leap into an adventurous affair. Our social life is going to greatly enhanced by this position and will lead to meeting new, exciting, positive people. We could start to find items from a foreign culture most appealing and be drawn to exotic clothes.
Wishing you the happiest of holidays!In Loving Light.Michelle Karén, M.A., D.F.Astrol.S.www.MichelleKaren.firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, if you wish to schedule a personal appointment, kindly e-mail me.
In Loving Light.
Michelle Karén, M.A., D.F.Astrol.S.