by Michelle Karen
Kindly note that all the days and times given below are in PDT (Pacific Daylight Saving Time). For Rocky Mountain Time, add 1 hour. For Central Time, add 2 hours. For Eastern Time, add 3 hours. For Alaskan Time, subtract 1 hour. For Hawaii-Aleutian Time, subtract 2 hours. For Greenwich, add 7 hours.
Mercury turns retrograde on 10/11 at 9:00 PM at 9’04′”Scorpio and will remain so until November 1st at 3:59 PM when it will have reached 23’26′”Libra. Despite the bad press it invariably receives, Mercury retrograde periods are always wonderful times to reexamine thoughts and projects that we had forgotten about and reconnect with people we hadn’t heard from in a long time. There invariably is an element of surprise and magic. Particularly in Scorpio and Libra. Our mind could become very deep and preoccupied with topics relating to death, sexuality and transformation. We could also become involved in scientific and occult research and find that our penetrating mind solves many mysteries. We shall also seek fairness and balance in our dealings with others and are likely to revisit a romantic relationship we thought was over and buried. We could find ourselves being a little indecisive at times, wandering back and forth as we are searching for the right decision that will harmonize seemingly conflicting viewpoints, but when we do reach this point of mental equilibrium, much beauty will emerge in our lives, leading to a greater awareness of the new ground we stand on.
Uranus remains retrograde this whole month between 15’53” and 15’01″Pisces. “In the quiet of his study, a creative individual experiences a flow of inspiration” is the Sabian Symbols’ description of this particular degree. We are receiving help from unexpected sources and are in tune with higher realms which guide our paths and help our journeys. No matter how strange the roads we are asked to tread on, seem, there is an uncommon sense of divine truth leading us into the unknown which is our destined and protected destination.
Neptune which had been retrograde since May 27 will turn direct again on 10/31 at 19’14′”Aquarius. The Sabian Symbols speak of “A large white dove bearing a message”. As our psychic abilities and intuitive gifts have more clearly emerged from deeper places, peace is manifesting on a more global level. From a more real sense of connectedness and oneness, a deeper understanding emerges that the love we share is also our binding force.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- The Moon will be Void of Course (V/C) -forming no major aspect with any planet before entering the following sign- on:
- Tuesday 10/2 between 3:51 AM and 9:57 AM when the Moon will enter Cancer
- Wednesday 10/3 at 1:41 PM until Thursday 10/4 at 3:27 PM when the Moon will enter Leo
- Saturday 10/6 at 10:28 PM until Sunday 10/7 at 0:03 AM when the Moon will enter Virgo
- Tuesday 10/9 between 4:08 AM and 10:57 AM when the Moon will enter Libra
- Thursday 10/11 between 4:22 PM and 11:13 PM when the Moon will enter Scorpio
- Saturday 10/13 at 2:24 PM and Sunday 10/14 at 11:58 AM when the Moon will enter Sagittarius
- Tuesday 10/16 at 5:32 PM and Wednesday 10/17 at 0:03 AM when the Moon will enter Capricorn
- Friday 10/19 between 1:33 AM and 9:52 AM when the Moon will enter Aquarius
- Sunday 10/21 between 12:36 PM and 4:02 PM when the Moon will enter Pisces
- Tuesday 10/23 between 1:17 PM and 6:24 PM when the Moon will enter Aries
- Thursday 10/25 between 2:46 PM and 6:07 PM when the Moon will enter Taurus
- Saturday 10/27 between 0:16 AM and 5:11 PM when the Moon will enter Gemini
- Monday 10/29 between 12:50 PM and 5:49 PM when the Moon will enter Cancer
- Wednesday 10/31 between 10:13 AM and 9:48 PM when the Moon will enter Leo
Mark these periods in red in your calendar and avoid scheduling anything of importance during those times since it would amount to…. nothing!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- Scheduling our activities based on the zodiacal position of the Moon:
- Moon in Gemini until Tuesday 10/2 at 9:56 AM + between Saturday 10/27 at 5:11 PM and Monday 10/29 at 5:48′ PM : Excellent for multi-tasking, curiosity, any form of communication, exchanging information, sending e-mails, calling friends and acquaintances. Great also for social activities, attending conferences, reading a book, watching a documentary, gathering data on related topics, connecting with new people…
- Moon in Cancer between Tuesday 10/2 at 9:57 AM and Thursday 10/4 at 3:26 PM + between Monday 10/29 at 5:49 PM and Wednesday 10/31 at 9:47′ : Perfect for family activities, especially those involving children. Good for spending more time at home, cooking, nurturing ourselves and those we love, inviting the people we cherish over for dinner. Excellent also for drawing, creative writing, crazy humor and anything requiring imagination…
- Moon in Leo between Thursday 10/4 at 3:27 PM and Sunday 10/7 at 0:02 AM : Excellent for anything glamorous, dramatic performances, being in the public’s eye, throwing or attending an elegant party, playing with children, romance and creativity in general…
- Moon in Virgo between Sunday 10/7 at 0:03 AM and Tuesday 10/9 at 10:56 AM : Excellent for starting a new fitness program, healthy nutrition, fasting, clearing our closets, cleaning our home, reorganizing our drawers…. Perfect also for detailed work, the focused use of our intelligence and taking care of small pets…
- Moon in Libra between Tuesday 10/9 at 10:57 AM and Thursday 10/11 at 11:12 PM : Great for relationships, associations, diplomatic exchanges with others, anything related to beauty (a haircut, buying a new dress, a make-over…), art (especially painting and decorating), a pleasant social event…
- Moon in Scorpio between Thursday 10/11 at 11:13 PM and Sunday 10/14 at 11:57 AM : Perfect for scientific research, esoteric studies, self-transformation, dealing with the mysteries of life, death, sexuality and exploring the other side of the veil, as well as insurances and issues involving personal power…
- Moon in Sagittarius between Sunday 10/14 at 11:58 AM and Wednesday 10/17 at 0:02 AM : Perfect for traveling, religious and/or philosophical activities or matters related to higher education and the law. Excellent for lecturing, learning, perfecting foreign languages, exploring other cultures…. Perfect also for athletic training and tending to big animals (horses…)
- Moon in Capricorn between Wednesday 10/17 at 0:03 AM and Friday 10/19 at 9:51 AM : Good for furthering our ambitions, asking for a promotion, enlisting the support of people in positions
of authority, making a good impression, re-structuring our business and redefining our long-term goals….
- Moon in Aquarius between Friday 10/19 at 9:52 AM and Sunday 10/21 at 4:01 PM : Perfect for philanthropic activities, charitable organizations, meeting with friends, making new acquaintances. Good also for inventions, far out, progressive ideas, inter-dimensional and time travel, anything related to UFOs, computers and technology in general…
- Moon in Pisces between Sunday 10/21 at 4:02 PM and Tuesday 10/23 at 6:23 PM : Great for meditating, sitting by the ocean, anything related to the sacred, music, dancing, painting, photography, film, dreaming, channeling, swimming, sleeping and connecting to the mystical, the magical and the oneness of all that is…
- Moon in Aries between Tuesday 10/23 at 6:24 PM and Thursday 10/25 at 6:06 PM : Great for intense physical activities, anything requiring forceful, direct action and self-assertion. Good also for leadership, spontaneity, good will, being a way shower and initiating new projects…
- Moon in Taurus between Thursday 10/25 at 6:06 PM and Saturday 10/27 at 5:10 PM : Perfect for any financial matter: paying our bills/debts, asking for the money that is owed to us, investing in real estate, buying and selling. Perfect also for a stroll in the park, going to the countryside, connecting with our Mother the Earth. Good also for gardening and pottery, sculpting as well as body work…
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Our intentional meditation started last month on The Harvest Full Moon in Aries at exactly 12;45 PM on Wednesday 9/26. Take out your Full Moon charged sheets of paper and on each, write a clear, concise and positive intention. Place your intentions out (on a balcony, garden or near a window) so that they can bask in the energy of the New Moon in Libra on Wednesday 10/10 at 10:01 PM. After that exact moment will have passed, gather your papers, staple them together, write the date and put them away expecting a miracle!
On Thursday 10/25 at 9:51 PM, place some new, blank sheets of paper out to be charged by the Full Moon in Taurus. After that exact moment has passed, gather your sheets, put them away in a folder, until the next New Moon which will occur on 11/9 at 3:03 PM.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Wednesday 10/3: Venus Trine Pluto (6:12 AM)
This is one of the most exciting days to plan a passionate romantic date. Emotions are deep and lead to a powerful spiritual regeneration. Our financial situation is also likely to improve in profound and lasting ways. Any business endeavor started today will reap lasting benefits. Creative artists will also find this transit particularly inspiring and are likely to produce uplifting work. The desire to help those less fortunate than ourselves will be mutually beneficial and rewarding. A meditation could bring us deeply into our past and help us reconnect with an ancient wisdom.
Sunday 10/7: Venus enters Virgo (11:53 PM until 11/8)
In the next few weeks, our feelings will be expressed in a more sensitive manner. We may find that we are less lyrical and more practical. We could shy away from passionate declarations and prefer those people who are more reserved and slightly conventional in their approach. Any form of art work will be more detailed. We are also likely to be more organized and maybe slightly cautious in our financial dealings. While counting our dollars, we shall not overlook our cents. We could get organized in our payments and already now, start getting our administrative papers in order for our taxes.
Monday 10/8: Mars Sextile Saturn (8:45 PM), Sun Sextile Jupiter (9:05 PM)
Today, our attitude is “no nonsense”. Our actions are focused and disciplined. We are organized and while attaining our goals, do not mind a certain level of discomfort. We are likely to get a lot of work accomplished in a minimum amount of time. A great day to overcome any kind of laziness and enroll in a physical fitness program that will enforce our stamina and leadership abilities. Any endeavor involving the law, higher education, writing, teaching, lecturing, publishing and/or traveling are favored today. Our enthusiasm, self-confidence as well as our general positive attitude make us popular today, attracting, seemingly effortlessly, many beneficial prospects to us.
Tuesday 10/9: Jupiter Square Uranus (11:24 AM)
We should be careful not to jump too hastily to conclusions, nor fall prey to get-rich-quick schemes. We could be disorganized and impatient, and take too much for granted without listening to the voice of reason. The people we meet today could be eccentric and not very reliable. Strange philosophies or unusual spiritual paths could be attractive but should be avoided. Financial investments are NOT recommend today as they could lead to sudden and disastrous losses.
Thursday 10/11: Mercury turns retrograde (9:00 PM)
Kindly refer to the opening paragraph.
Friday 10/12: Sun Trine Neptune (6:41 PM)
Today our inspiration and our creativity bloom. We are deeply in touch with our guides and angels and could feel more telepathic or intuitive than usual. The perfect day for artistic, healing and/or channeling work. The veil between the visible and the invisible seems thinner than normal, enabling us to access subtle dimensions that will inform our reality in magical ways.
Saturday 10/13: Venus Conjunct Saturn (9:28 PM)
This transit enhances public relations and helps structure our social as well as our romantic lives. We are likely to seek and give deeper commitment to those we are involved with either professionally or personally. Our financial situation stabilizes. We know exactly what amount of money we can count on which enables us to make sound investments. We are loyal to our true ties and what our relationships may seem to lack in spontaneity, they gain in depth and solidity.
Tuesday 10/16: Venus Sextile Mars (10:37 AM), Mercury Sextile Venus (8:18 PM)
Our social activities, friendships and any action related to business and finances greatly improve under this transit. We could develop new professional skills. Romance is also favored. We are positive and diplomatic in the expression of our thoughts and feelings. A wonderful evening to gather with some friends and leisurely discuss matters that are important to us.
Wednesday 10/17: Mercury Trine Mars (1:36 M)
A fantastic day to formulate, negotiate and sign contracts and agreements. Traveling, teaching, lecturing are also favored by this transit as well as scientific research, working with the military or the police. Our minds are active. We are likely to come up with dynamic as well as constructive ideas bringing solutions that are efficient and straightforward.
Friday 10/19: Mercury Sextile Saturn (6:54 AM)
Today, our structured and serious thinking enables us to get a lot accomplished. Getting our administrative papers in order and clearing our backlogged work might even feel pleasurable under this transit. There is a sense of efficiency. An excellent day to reach sound agreements, establish ourselves, further our ambitions and have our efforts be acknowledged by people in positions of authority.
Saturday 10/20: Sun Sextile Pluto (6:36 AM)
A wonderful day for exciting breakthroughs in consciousness. A deeper understanding of our life-purpose enables us to clearly see where self-improvement is needed. Assuming leadership positions could also very well be part of today’s picture. Our creativity flowingly integrates the cosmic underlying principles of life.
Tuesday 10/23: Sun enters Scorpio (12:16 PM until 11/22 at 8:50 AM), Sun Conjunct Mercury (4:55 PM), Mercury enters Libra (8:37 PM until Nov 11 at 0:41 AM)
In the next few weeks, we could be more attracted to scientific and occult research, seek deeper answers to life’s fundamental questions and be more passionate in our approach of what matters to us. Until November 11, our thinking is more balanced, integrating the pros and the cons of every situation, making us reach positive, harmonious solutions that are fair to all. We are likely to steer away from injustice and rude or generally inconsiderate people who disrupt our peace. Today particularly, is perfect for establishing contracts, making phone calls and writing letters, as well as gathering some friends for a pleasant evening or reading a book the topic of which particularly interests us.
Thursday 10/25: Venus Opposition Uranus (2:09 AM)
Best to stay away from any financial investment today, as well as impulsive spending, as sudden losses are likely to occur. Emotionally, we could feel irritable and touchy, and should be cautious of not creating separations from others we might later regret. We could have some brilliant, unusual inspiration, and yet not prove to be most productive. Although our energy is a little restless and erratic, a heightened understanding of our individuality within relationships will become very clear today, leading to a whole new consciousness of how to balance intimacy and independence.
Friday 10/26: Mercury Sextile Pluto (10:55 AM)
We are likely today to reform our dietary habits. Our deeper perceptions enable us to X-ray situations and people in such a way as to unravel a secret or bring to light previously hidden information. We could have telepathic experiences and successfully explore the mysteries of life and death. Occult and scientific research are greatly favored by this transit.
Monday, 10/29: Venus Square Jupiter (2:09 AM), Sun Sextile Saturn (8:42 PM), Jupiter Sextile Neptune (9:01 PM)
A lack of taste and moderation, laziness and poor discipline could, if we’re not careful, be pitfalls for the larger part of this day. Towards the evening however, we become more structured, and inspired by greater ideals, could get involved in charitable activities. Retreats, pilgrimages, seclusion… could all feel particularly attractive at this time, even if all we do is create a quiet sanctuary in our own home to meditate in.
Wednesday 10/31: Neptune turns direct (1:06 PM)
Kindly refer to the opening paragraph.
In Loving Light.
Michelle Kar��n, M.A., D.F.Astrol.S.
Master’s Degree in Philosophy, University of Geneva
Diploma from the Faculty of Astrological Studies in London
Author of 8 books on astrology, living food nutrition, yoga, spiritual novels
Guest of many top radio and television shows in 5 countries